Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

resident shield alert multiple threat detection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Concept82

Concept82

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:37 AM

Hi Guys Just a quick question everytime I go to do anything on my laptop this thing keeps popping up satin resident shield alert multiple threat detection, gives me 3 options . Remove selection infections, remove unhealed infection, close !!

I just keep pressing close but it keeps popping up! Is that a virus???

I would really appreciate any help whatsoever

Thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

This is a 'balloon' notification from AVG. To correct this, open the AVG control panel and select 'Tools' and then 'Advanced settings'. Under the 'Appearance' settings you will see a box for 'Balloon tray notifications'. Uncheck this box and then 'Apply'. Return to 'Overview', double-click on 'Resident Shield', and select 'Remove all threats automatically'. You can now choose whether or not you want AVG to scan for and remove 'Tracking cookies'.

To answer your original question, it is AVG probably detecting a 'Tracking cookie' and asking you what to do. Having the 'Resident Shield' remove all threats automatically will remedy this.

Edited by Zuhl3156, 15 March 2011 - 09:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users