Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix hangs when it should start to scan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Servolock

Servolock

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

I've used Combofix successfully on several other computers. This Toshiba laptop makes Combofix hang.

WinXP sp3. MSSE is disabled. I don't see any other antivirus installed. When this laptop came in it had viruses, but another tech cleaned everything pretty well. MBAM finds nothing. Superantispyware - nothing. MSSE nothing. GMER - nothing. SmitFraudFix - nothing. I run process explorer and I can't see anything to worry about. In the MS task manager there are only 38 processes showing and that's unusually good, especially for a Toshiba laptop.

The laptop runs well now and I would be willing to believe that the viruses are gone, except that Combofix hangs, even in safe mode. I'm stumped. I need guidance, so I'm posting this appeal to the experts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users