Hello, YES,change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Important Note
: Your version of Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system
. Microsoft: ‘Unprecedented Wave of Java Exploitation’Drive-by Trojan preying on out-of-date Java installations Ghosts of Java Haunt Users
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for "Java Platform, Standard Edition".
- Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
- Select your Platform: "Windows" (32-bit) or "Windows x64" (64-bit).
- Select your Language: "Multi-language".
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE...License Agreement".
- Click Continue and the page will refresh.
- Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
> Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
or Programs and Features
in Vista/Windows 7 and remove all
older versions of Java.
-- Starting with Java 6u10, the uninstaller incorporated in each new release uses Enhanced Auto update to automatically remove the previous version when updating to a later update release. It will not remove older versions, so they will need to be removed manually.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u23-windows-i586.exe to install the newest version.
- If using Windows 7 or Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- When the Java Setup - Welcome window opens, click the Install > button.
- If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
-- Java is updated frequently. If you want to be automatically notified of future updates, just turn on the Java Automatic Update feature and you will not have to remember to update when Java releases a new version.
Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe)
adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications but it's not necessary.
To disable the JQS service
if you don't want to use it:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter.
- Click Ok and reboot your computer.
Finally run an Online scan and see if there is anything left.
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner
.This scan requires Internet Explorer to work. Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator.
To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.
- Click the green button.
- Read the End User License Agreement and check the box:
- Check .
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications. (If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
- Click the Start button.
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
- If offered the option to get information or buy software at any point, just close the window.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt.
- Push the button, then Finish.
- Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply.
Note: A log.txt
file will also be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.
If you did not save the ESETScan log, click
, then type or copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Open dialogue box:
-- Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.
- Click Ok and the scan results will open in Notepad.
- Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.