Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restoring Missing spoolsv.exe file (Win XP Pro)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rlhvictory

rlhvictory

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

On my home system w Windows XP, Pro SP3, I have an issue w my new printer. I keep getting "print server spool service not running". After some online research, I understand the spoolsv.exe is missing.

How can I restore the missing file and correct this problem without downloading software from some of these unknown sources in which more than often have ad or spyware?

Will Combofix address this?

Edited by Blade Zephon, 18 December 2010 - 11:02 PM.
Moved from Introductions to XP. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

Will Combofix address this?

No

ComboFix (CF for short) is an extremely powerful tool used in the removal of malware. It will not address other problems with your computer. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Furthermore, when CF is run without trained assistance, it can no longer be considered a "safe" tool. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

You may find this topic to be informative - ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Do you have your Windows disk? We should be able to obtain a copy of the missing file from there. If not, we can look at other options

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users