Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

when entering a password computer freezes before I can complete it

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cranqueen

Cranqueen

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

If I enter gibberish, I can enter anything I want such as lasdj goseu4 ot;iba.... but if I enter my real password, it stops after the first five correct characters and will not allow me to continue unless I enter it again and again. I suspect that there is some tracking going on and when it figures out the remaining characters, it will have all the login info it needs to log on to my computer. I got frustrated with it and was going to change my password, but the "wizard" said I needed to save my password and offered the removable F Drive. However I do NOT have a removable device plugged into my computer and the wizard would NOT allow me to change the place to save it to another location. I am thinking something has installed itself and disguised itself as a a removable device. I just changed its name to "SUSPECT" on My computer. Another thing that is worrying me is I am unable to access certain websites that I used to be able to browse before. I cannot open www.burchperch.blogspot.com or open Calendars.com... which makes me wonder if this thing is disabling my browsing ability ALPHABETICALLY? HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

This definitely sounds strange and no keylogger I know of works like this.

Have you ran any AV scans on the computer?

#3 Cranqueen

Cranqueen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:48 AM

I am not familiar with the term AV scan. I have used SuperAntiSpyware and Malware Bytes Anti-Malware Free Editions.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,251 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

Scan your computer with these as well:

http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/languages/english/check.html?n=1282076098798
http://www.eset.com/online-scanner

#5 Cranqueen

Cranqueen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

When I click on the Kaspersky link I get "404 Not Found nginx/0.8.27"
When I attempt to download eset, I get the blank white box with a small square in the upper left... it appears to be blocked.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Bleep Bleep!

• Admin
  • 40,251 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:40 PM

Click on that box and allow it to run for eset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users