Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Have my router/computers been compromised?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 choob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

Ok, thanks y'all for listening.

I am running DD-WRT on my wireless router and there is this mysterious MAC address that has many connections when our download bandwidth usage goes up. I don't know where to start on this, but so far, this past fall, our router IP and password have mysteriously changed.

The MAC address appears to be connected through LAN

Can someone please help me on this?

I figured out the MAC address issue, but we are still having an issue where some computers will have their connections jump up to 300-400 and our bandwidth shoots up, lagging everything else.

Edited by choob, 12 December 2010 - 11:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

What OS and anti virus programs are you running?

Have you scanned all the PC's with your anti virus?

#3 choob

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

All of my roommates are running windows 7.

I'm running Symantec endpoint protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users