Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing mail recipient and desktop in send to in right click context menu in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Teka

Teka

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

send to mail recipient and send to desktop disappeared 3 days ago from right click context menu in Windows 7..now I can't send several pictures to "mail recipient" in right context menu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 15,039 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

Try doing a System Restore.

Go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

Click on System Restore and then click on Next for the two following pages.

On the page titled Choose a Restore Point click on a date prior to your current problem and then click on Next. To see earlier restore points click on Show Other Restore Points.

On the following page you will have the option to view the programs and drivers that will be deleted. To go to the next page click on close and then Next.

On the following page click on Finish. You will then be prompted to confirm that you want to start the System Restore by clicking of Yes. This will immediately restart your computer to finish the System Restore.

After the computer has restarted click on Close.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

#3 Teka

Teka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

I restored to Dec 6th..didn't help...Tried to restore to Dec 3 and it would not restore got an error said the computer could restore error ox80071a90..Thanks

#4 PolaBar

PolaBar

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

Try this and see if the missing items are in the expanded send to list:

Press and hold the "shift" key and then right click on the item. This will bring up a larger list of item. See if your missing ones are there.

#5 Teka

Teka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

I found the desktop Icon (with many others)..But no "mail recepient....Any other suggestions? on how to "FIND" the send to mail recepient? Also how do I "restore" the desktop icon to the non expanded list? Thanks

#6 PolaBar

PolaBar

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

Look in each of the following folders and see if your missing items are in either one:

"C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo"
"C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo"
"C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo"
"C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo"

If you find them, simply copy and paste them into the top one on the list ( the yourusername one)

If not, we will have to create new shortcuts.

#7 Teka

Teka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

#1 found what shows on menu zipped,documents,fax,Instant burn c,d...#2 found Fax zipped mail reciepient, Didn't find 3 or 4.

#8 PolaBar

PolaBar

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Ok, from #2 right click on Mail Recipient, select copy, go back to # 1 right click and paste.

#9 Teka

Teka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

OMGosh it worked!!! I now have mail reciepent back. Could you please tell me why it disappeared? Thanks for your time Karen

#10 PolaBar

PolaBar

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Your Welcome!

It's hard to say for sure why it disappeared. One frequent cause is running registry cleaners like CCleaner and such, but if you have never used one it could have been any number of things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users