Intel Matrix Storage Manager
Release Date: 1/24/2008
Version: 18.104.22.1687, A08
Download Type: Driver
File Format: Hard Drive
File Size: 327 KB
I'm confused as to whether this should have been installed while installing the OS, or if it can be done now. I have installed the Intel Software Installation Utility R140595. However, after unzipping the Storage Manager R158601 files, I find the read-me with the following, but don't recognize a 'set-up file' to make anything happen...
There are 3 text documents
2 Set up information files
2 Security catalogs
1 system file
1 OEM file "txtsetup.oem"
This taken from the read-me:
***5.1 General Installation Notes
1. If you are installing the operating system on a system
configured for RAID or AHCI mode, you must pre-install
the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager driver using the
F6 installation method described in section 5.3.
2. The 'Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility'
must be installed on the system after a supported
Microsoft* Windows* operating system has been installed.
3. To install the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager,
double-click on the self-extracting and self-installing
setup file and answer all prompts presented.
4. By default, all installed files (readme.txt, help, etc.)
are copied to the following path:
<bootdrive>\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Matrix Storage Manager
5.2 Windows Automated Installer* Installation from Hard
Drive or CD-ROM
Note: This method is applicable to systems configured for
RAID or AHCI mode.
1. Download the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager setup file
and double-click to self-extract and to begin the setup
2. The 'Welcome' window appears. Click Next to continue.
3. The 'Uninstallation Warning' window appears. Click Next
4. The 'Software License Agreement' window appears. If you
agree to these terms, click Yes to continue.
5. The 'Readme File Information' window appears. Click Next
6. The 'Choose Destination Location' window appears.
Click Next to continue.
7. The 'Select Program Folder' window appears. Click Next
to continue installing the driver.
8. If the Windows Automated Installer* Wizard Complete window
is shown without a prompt to restart the system, click
Finish and proceed to step 8. If it is shown with a
prompt to restart the system, click Yes, I want to
restart my computer now. (the default selection) and
click Finish. Once the system has restarted,
proceed to step 8.
9. To verify that the driver was loaded correctly, refer
to section 6.
5.3 Pre-Installation Using the F6 Method.
Note: The Steps 1 and 2 can be skipped if you use the F6 Floppy
disk utility provided by Intel. This utility can also be
downloaded from the following website. These methods
are applicable to systems configured for RAID or
1. Extract all driver files from the installation package.
See section 7.2 for instructions on extracting the
2. Create a floppy* containing the following files in the root
* Note: For Windows Vista you can use a floppy, CD/DVD or USB.
3. For Windows XP or later operating systems:
- At the beginning of the operating system installation,
press F6 to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver.
- When prompted, select 'S' to Specify Additional Device.
- Continue to step 5.
4. For Windows Vista:
- During the operating system installation, after selecting the
location to install Vista, click Load Driver to
install a third
party SCSI or RAID driver.
- Continue to step 5.
5. When prompted, insert the media (floppy, CD/DVD
or USB) you
created in step 2 and press Enter.
6. At this point you should be presented with a selection
for one of the following depending on your hardware
version and configuration:
- Intel® 82801IR/IO SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH9R)
- Intel® 82801IR/IO SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH9R)
- Intel® 82801HEM SATA RAID Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E)
- Intel® 82801HEM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E)
- Intel® 82801HBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M)
- Intel® 82801HR/HH/HO SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH8R)
- Intel® 82801HR/HH/HO SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH8R)
- Intel® 631xESB/632xESB SATA RAID Controller (Workstation ESB2)
- Intel® 82801GHM SATA RAID Controller (Mobile ICH7RM)
- Intel® 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH7M)
- Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)
- Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)
7. Highlight the selection that is appropriate for the
hardware in your system and press Enter.
8. Press Enter again to continue. Leave the floppy disk in
the system until the next reboot as the software will
need to be copied from the floppy disk again when setup
is copying files.