Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OnceKnown

OnceKnown

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:55 PM

Hi. Lately I've been having problems with shutting down my computer after extensive usage for example (6-8 hours).

The problem is that the computer will not shut down properly by stalling at default shut down mode, not doing anything. Then I manually pressed the restart button. The computer then restarts but after it finishes loading the XP logo sign the computer automatically blue screens of death and restarts again. Sometimes the BSOD happens repeatedly after one another. I have to boot it in safe mood to shut it down properly during those times.

I checked my event logs for the system and it says that "Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for."
source: sptd
event ID: 4

and here is the data by words:
0000: 00000000 00520001 00000000 c0040004
0010: 000000ef 00000000 00000000 00000000
0020: 00000000 00000000

I ran AVG and Malwarebytes Anti Malware and Currently running Spybot search and destroy right now. So far they haven't picked up anything
However, spybot did pick up 2 entries of Microsoft windows security fire wall open ports, not sure if that's a huge problem?

I tried to google the problem, but nothing really shows up as much of a cure or the situation is different from mine.

Also it seems like my registry is corrupted? when I started my computer today after the failed shutdown last night, it something about one of my registry folders or file failed and had to be backed up, but it was successful.

Can anyone help me please, and Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Worth reading, http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4&eventno=8045&source=sptd&phase=1

Please...anytime that you get an onscreen error message and you intend to ask others for assistance...write down that message exactly as ity appears.

Louis

If you have Daemon Tools installed...I suggest uninstalling it, then reinstalling.

Edited by hamluis, 06 November 2010 - 07:46 PM.

#3 OnceKnown

OnceKnown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

Sorry. There wasn't any on screen pop up warning signs during the stalled shutdown that occurred that night.

And the only error codes would come from the BSOD. But I don't want to purposely BSOD myself just to get the error code. Is there another way to get it?

And I do not have Daemon Tools. However, I did go to the suggested link you gave me before, and it does not help me since I do not have the ability to see the "simplified version" of the event ID unless I subscribe to them and put up 12 dollars for a one time use. Sorry if I sound stingy with my money but I'm just trying to find a good fix for this annoyance.

I did read the comments section, and saw the Daemon Tools with the relation to some windows security update. I did not find "M914784" any where within my add/remove programs.

Any other suggestions? :wacko:

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:03 AM

Can you post the logs from your scans?

#5 OnceKnown

OnceKnown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

Sure thing, Here are the results from my spybot search and destroy:

Posted Image
(Sorry there was no log file that I could find in that program for a better visual).

My AVG results are saved as a txt document and is attached to this reply

I'll add my Malware Logs after it finishes scanning since I couldn't find the recent scan from 2 days ago

Here is my Malware log:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4155

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

11/7/2010 8:48:44 PM
mbam-log-2010-11-07 (20-48-44).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 316347
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 27 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Attached Files

Edited by OnceKnown, 07 November 2010 - 11:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users