Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Know Vista System Requirements?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:52 AM

wondeing what vista's requirements will be as i wanted to upgrade windows xp when it comes out but my PC will be 2 years old i will try getting a new hardrive for it as it has slowed down a little now, i might get the 3.6ghz P4 i have 768mb ram i can go to 1gb unless i'm aloud to use 1gb thing instead of 512mb ones.
i know Microsoft hasen't released this info yet and will be released around summer or slightly later.

i'm guessing at least 1gb ram, graphics and ram would be one of the main issues and maybe the AGB/PCI-Express Slot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:51 PM

[quote name='http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/winxp/VistaBeta1FS.mspx']System Requirements

Minimum system requirements will not be known until summer 2006 at the earliest. However, these guidelines provide useful estimates:
512 megabytes (MB) or more of RAM
A dedicated graphics card with DirectX 9.0 support
A modern, Intel Pentium- or AMD Athlon-based PC.[/quote]

#3 Temo

Temo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:39 PM

Thanks...
The biggest pain in this world is Debuging!!

#4 Lutheranguy

Lutheranguy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:25 PM

Funny that Microdoft would require a dedicated graphics card, when more and more computers these days have integrated graphics. I went computer shapping to a few stores recenly and found that only computers $900.00 and up seem to have dedicated graphics cards.

#5 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

Funny that Microdoft would require a dedicated graphics card, when more and more computers these days have integrated graphics. I went computer shapping to a few stores recenly and found that only computers $900.00 and up seem to have dedicated graphics cards.

Naw, they just want you to have a graphics card with 64mb or greater memory. They are suggesting a VGA AGP4x/8x or PCIe adapter with 64mb or greater memory. (1-2 years old).

#6 TecSoft

TecSoft

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:33 PM

Before my install problem occured I ran Vista with 256 MB RAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users