Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does Shockwave Flash keep crashing for Google Chrome?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fantasy09

fantasy09

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

Don't know if this is the right forum to post in, and I'm sorry if it isn't. :thumbsup: My problem is Google Chrome keeps crashing with this error message- The following plugin has crashed: Shockwave Flash. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and the same error message will come up regardless. What should I do now?

Also another error message pops up from time to time saying my virtual memory is to low. What should I do about this as well?

Thanks

OS- Windows XP Home Edition 2002 Service Pack 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

Almost Retired

• Members
  • 9,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

Install ATF from Atribune to your desk top - After it is installed (it looks like a trash can) Click on Run > Select All > Empty Selected - When finished Click Exit - This should help with Virtual Memory is too Low -

Adobe Flash is now integrated into Google Chrome’s Stable channel by default. This integration will eliminate the need to install and update Flash Player separately. This reduces the security risk and issues related to using outdated versions. As of this week, your browser should automatically be updated with integrated Flash Player. To check, simply go to Tools > About Google Chrome.
To learn more about Adobe Flash integration, check out the Chromium Blog post here:
http://blog.chromium.org/2010/06/enabling-adobe-flash-player-support-in.html
With regards to Shockwave Flash crashes, below are a few possible causes of the issue and work-arounds that may help. These do not work for everyone; please only make changes you feel comfortable making.
1. You may be on an outdated version of Google Chrome. Check if you are on the latest version by going to Tools > About Google Chrome.
2. You may have an out of date Sony driver that causes the crash. You can try downloading the update here:
http://dlv.update.sony.net/pub/vaio/download/EP0000166578/EP0000166578.exe
3. Hardware acceleration of Adobe Flash may be causing crashes. Hardware acceleration is used to speed up performance of your graphics hardware. If your video drivers are outdated, hardware acceleration can cause issues with Flash. Try turning off hardware acceleration by right-clicking the video, selecting Settings, and deselecting the "hardware acceleration" checkbox.
4. You may have a sound driver incompatibility. Try the steps on the following site:
http://www.bitconsultants.net/2009/fix-windows-7-flash-crashing-remote-desktop-issue/
5. There may be an error in the way Bluetooth handles streaming video. You can try renaming one of the Bluetooth files in System 32 folder. Go to My Computer > C: > Windows > System32, find the file called "BtwVdpCapFilter.dll" and rename it anything else, for example "BtwVdpCapFilter1.dll."

The above is a cut and paste from Adobe - This is also conditional that your system is not running in Japanese -

Edited to add line Re : Japanese option -

Edited by noknojon, 26 October 2010 - 10:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users