Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scour.com redirect from google search

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hornfish

hornfish

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:36 AM

I keep getting redirected when googling topics to scour.com. I assume that this is some kind of infestation. I'm not sure if related, but my avast trips regularly saying that it has blocked a trojan or malware and I also am getting random ads that I can hear but not see when I'm surfing. Please help!

BTW, I'm running Windows 7, Explorer.

Edited by hornfish, 12 October 2010 - 02:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 30,797 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

Please follow these instructions: How to remove Google Redirects or the TDSS, TDL3, Alureon rootkit using TDSSKiller
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • When the program opens, click the Start Scan button.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process. <- Important!!
    Note: If 'Suspicious' objects are detected, you will be given the option to Skip or Quarantine. Skip will be the default selection.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
-- For any files detected as 'Suspicious' (except those identified as Forged to be cured after reboot) get a second opinion by submitting to Jotti's virusscan or VirusTotal. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 hornfish

hornfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

quietman, I couldn't connect to the internet because of the virus/malware/whatever it was so I used a system restore point and it seemed to get rid of the problem. I'll return to this post if it pops back up again and do what you said. Thanks for your time!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 30,797 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

You're welcome.

Keep in mind that sometimes this method of recovery works but other times it may not since System Restore was not designed to be a virus or malware removal tool. Whether it will be successful depends on what type of infection you are dealing with and what is restored during the process.
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2007-2014 MVP.gif

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users