Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Action can't be completed because file is open in "Application Experience"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fgeelo

fgeelo

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

First, a bit of background. I had just recently installed my Logitech Webcam software, and later on today I've deleted the installer to the recycle bin and am trying to empty the recycle bin. When I do this, I get this message:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7600/capturerhf.jpg

Firstly, why is this happening in the first place? It's simply an installer? The application itself has installed fine and I should have no problem deleting the installer, right?

What does it mean, "because file is open in Application Experience"? What on earth is this?

Also, why is the file named "lws201_full.exe", yet in that image I have provided, it's called "$RX8JXFZ.exe"? Also worth noting that the file is 0 bytes in the image I provided, yet the original file itself is 114 MB . Say what?!

The file deletes itself fine if I cancel or try again, but I still don't understand why this happens.

Thanks so much for your assistance in clarifying this issue for me.

Edited by fgeelo, 19 September 2010 - 09:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 away

away

• Banned
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

You can download TFC .
This will help,it will dump all temp files.You will have to save this to your desktop.It has to be run from desktop cant be run from temp file.

#3 fgeelo

fgeelo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:26 AM

Sorry, I may not have clarified that I am looking for an explanation, not a fix. The file will delete itself fine if I click "Cancel or "Try again".

My main inquiry is, why does this happen and, what is "Application Experience" and why would it be keeping an installer file from being deleted?

Why is the file named "lws201_full.exe", yet in that image I have provided, it's called "$RX8JXFZ.exe"? Why is the file is 0 bytes in the image I provided, yet the original file itself is 114 MB?

Thanks so much for your help

Edited by fgeelo, 20 September 2010 - 01:27 AM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

Application Experience Service

#5 fgeelo

fgeelo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

So then, this is normal? "Application Experience" was 'using' the installer because it had a compatibility issue? And the 0 Byte file and different file name I'm guessing are attributed to "Application Experience" temporary files or something?

#6 fgeelo

fgeelo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

Anyone?

#7 vareesh

vareesh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

I am facing same problem, How did you resolved it? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users