Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Storage Conduit"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MICOJOE

MICOJOE

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:52 AM

I just discovered a site in my browsing Explorer History called "www.storage.conduit.com" that my computer has been visiting every minute for the past two days. No idea what this is, definitely think it's malicious. I have XP. I physically disconnected my cable modem from this computer until I can figure out what to do about it. I can find no information about this issue anywhere!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Driesiooo

Driesiooo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hi MICOJOE,

I think it's best for your computer, to check of there is infection on your machine. Just follow the steps on http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html (Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help) A professional expert will view your logs an will help you with that problem.

Good luck.

#3 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

MICOJOE

Just did a quick Google scan of the Internet, and found several articles reporting malware infection problems connected with the storage.conduit.com website, including some previous postings here at Bleeping Computer.

Therefore, please follow the advice from Driesiooo, and post the resultant log files in a new post in the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware and Malware Removal Logs" forum here at Bleeping Computer.

Thanks.

#4 MICOJOE

MICOJOE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I can't get past the Defogger download link in Step 6 - says "your current security settingsdo nto allow this type of file to be downloaded"...

#5 bundy0071980

bundy0071980

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:19 AM

Hi,
it seems that there is some mistake here.
the links you see in your history are from Conduit's domains (www.conduit.com)
i also have this kind of links, due to the fact that i have several of their toolbars installed on my computer
i have been using their toolbars for two years - and they are safe.
they are definitely not spyware \malware.
i hope that this info helps :thumbsup:

bundy

Edited by bundy0071980, 13 September 2010 - 06:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users