Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows has encountered a problem and needs to restart ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TBRaysFan

TBRaysFan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hello everyone, I am having some problems and need help.
My problems started last Friday morning when I turned on my computer and found that I had gotten the AntiSpyware Doctor virus. When the AnitSpyware Doctor popped up, I immediately went to go start up Super Antispyware to find the virus and get rid of it. Before I could even start up Super Antispyware I had a message pop up saying " Windows has encountered a critical error and needs to restart". The computer restarted and the message instantly popped up again. My computer was in a restart loop and I couldn't do anything with it. So I booted in safe mode and the message didn't come up. Since it was able to boot into safe mode, I decided to try starting up normally but turning off my wifi card. I didn't get the message when my wifi card was off and was then able to run Super Antispyware. I was able to find the virus and get rid of it, but as soon as I turned my wifi back on I got the message again !

After trying AVG and Malware Bytes and finding nothing, I decided to do a clean re-install of Vista. This seemed to fix my problems and I have not had any problems until today. I had another message pop up saying " Windows has encountered a problem and needs to restart". This time it doesn't seem to be stuck in a loop of restarting. I ran a full system scan and no anti-virus software has found anything. I haven't downloaded anything on my computer since the reinstall. I need some ideas as to how to fix this so my computer will stop randomly restarting on its own. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

If this is the first error message since the reinstall...it's not much to go on. Windows might as well say "something's wrong".

You might try the following.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Don't be concerned if BlueScreen reflects nothing after the scan, if such occurs.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users