Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Segoe Script font for mac?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hey guys as you can see in my sig I have a Segoe Script font set for my handel, but when I am on my mac I cannot see it in that fonts style, but I can on any windows machine how can I fix it? I love that font. :blink:

sigcomp.png
Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice, that is what our forums are for.
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | BC Welcome Guide | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! | Hang With Us on LockerDome!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

never mind I just downloaded the font file and added it to font book, but that's unfortunate anyone who is using a mac wont be able to see the font of my siggy,, oh well.

sigcomp.png
Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice, that is what our forums are for.
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | BC Welcome Guide | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! | Hang With Us on LockerDome!

#3 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

Is this the font?

Posted Image

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

no this is the font: Posted Image

sigcomp.png

#5 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 557 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

Cool font. Where can I download it from?

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

I got it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dbd22ldoyw4

Just unzip and add it to font book. :blink:

sigcomp.png

#7 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 557 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

Got it. Thanks!

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

Cool and you are welcome! :blink: Its funny the font actually looks like my own hand writing. :wacko:

sigcomp.png

#9 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

I couldn't see the segoe script font on my pc [winxp tab ed] other than in your screen capture until I downloaded and installed it. It is a neat font. I don't know how one puts together one's handle. Is there an embed function for fonts somewhere in the process like for Word?
mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

#10 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

Ok thats odd it must be that the font that I use is only on windows 7? Because that is where I originally got it was from my windows 7 computer. :blink:

sigcomp.png

#11 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Sego Script may come on win7 or maybe w/ some word processing program you installed? I thought one saw web pages in the fonts the web pages use unless one configured one's browser to use the computer's fonts.
mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

#12 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

No it was on the base install of windows 7 also yes office 2007 and before added fonts when it was/ is installed. and only the fonts that are installed on the computer that is viewing it will show it. other wise it would take MUCH longer for a web page to load. :blink:

sigcomp.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users