Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Reader 7.0.5 "feature You Are Trying To Use Is On A Network Resource That Is Unavailable" During Update?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 help!

help!

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:54 AM

Hi,
I have win xp, newer computer, lots of space and memory;
I have the free adobe and I must be set up for automatic updates and when I get this message to update to adobe reader 7.0.5, it says

"the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavaialble"

"click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'adobe reader 7.0 msi' in the box below'"

and in the box below it says:

c:\abu\software\0504801\adb

I have no idea what's going on!!
I have tried this on several occasions
I have no other computer problems or problems with other applications
I never put adobe anywhere special if that's what they're talking about
I have nothing open when I've tried this also

thanks! : )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:37 PM

Hi again help!

There is a similar problem here forum page.

I'd suggest you uninstall Adobe Reader from Add & Remove Programs and either download a later version, if there is one, or look for alternatives to read .pdf files.

jgweed has recommended Foxit from here.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 02 November 2005 - 10:11 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users