Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error in loading string XML. Error is 2.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PSUDuck

PSUDuck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:48 AM

Hello,

When I start up my computer I get an erro box that says. Error in loading StringXML. Error is 2. Then a second box that says APC Main Resource DLL failed.

How do I fix this problem?

Second, my computer is running VERY slow. Is McAfee the problem and is there a way to speed this thing up? where do I start?

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

I'm Fishin'

• Members
  • 10,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:06 AM

Hi -
In the start>run box type MSCONFIG, press OK, and in that program go to the Startup tab.
For APCMAIN I found:
"What is the apcmain.exe location, where is it stored on my computer?
This will show in your startup program list as C:\Program Files\Ascentive\Performance Center\ApcMain.exe -m"
Does this ring a bell? If you intend this program to run and it gives an error, reinstall it. If you don't want it to run: uninstall it or at least uncheck this line.
Now reboot. If the other message didn't disappear, find out (by elimination) what startup program causes it.
Second, download Malwarebytes at www.malwarebytes.org ,Install the programs Free version , Check for updates and then run a quick scan only - Quarantine or delete any infections found -
Last Go to programs > Accessories > System tools > The 2 programs in there to run are Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter
Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 04 August 2010 - 08:08 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 44,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

I would uninstall the Ascentive Performance Center software.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users