Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing "System Volume Information" virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Iamazn

Iamazn

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

How do you completely remove the "System Volume Information" Virus? Every time I do a Full Scan with MalwareBytes, it'll scan C:\system volume information\, and Avira will pop up a detection. I always move it to quarantine, but it always comes back... The file is either A0xxxxxx.dll or A0xxxxxx.exe. (x's stand for a number). Any advice?

Edited by Blade Zephon, 20 July 2010 - 12:28 AM.
Moved from XP to a more appropriate forum. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

Hello.

To clear this out you'll need to purge System Restore. This is done by disabling System Restore, and then re-enabling it.

You can find instructions on how to disable and enable system restore here: Windows XP System Restore Guide or Windows Vista System Restore Guide

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users