Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Widows Media Security Upgrade 2.5.0.1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Palladiumpal

Palladiumpal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

I download books and listen on my VW car radio and my Mp3 player. With XP it was not a problem you just went to options on the OVERDRIVE console and click on upgrade
and you were down loading and enjoying. My Avertec died and I went got a HP that had windows 7. It worked at first but would not work with Firefox or Google Crome
browser. I went to my local library the reference librarian Andy K, and I fixed it.

Step 1 open Windows Media Player.
Step 2 Go Microsoft Internet Explorer as the browser
Step 3 Go to http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp
Step 4 follow steps once or twice it should be successful.

Why does Microsoft make it this way G-D only knows.

If you have books that you have read and you want to delete before their expiration you may do so in the Document File or Media File. That you have downloaded on the Overdrive Console.

E mail with questions

Edited by Budapest, 15 July 2010 - 11:59 PM.
Moved from Introductions ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lparisss

lparisss

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

The suggestion I got did nothing. My OverDrive Media Consol would not update by click file and then upgrade. So, I went on the internet in search of a 2.5.0.1 upgrade. No such creature. But the website

http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp

was given to me to update my software. But the button was shadowed and I was unable to click on it to download. Well I finally found answer.

What you need to know and pass on to others having this problem is to go to http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp
as stated above.. Look at the toolbar and you will see a "broken or torn page" icon. Click on the broken page icon on the tool bar and the “upgrade” button will appear. Now you can upgrade!

I hope I have helped you,

#3 Athina073104

Athina073104

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

This worked perfect for me only had to do it once....you have to have Media Player open. I registered jut to respond to this, I had thought I tried everything I am grateful to find this post because now...finally .....I can download on Overdrive....GOOD LUCK...Thaks for the advice IMPARISS :busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users