Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to restore Combofix - deleted registry files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 defyet

defyet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:25 AM

Hi,

I just ran Combofix on my computer and it seems to have deleted registry keys and everything i try to open on my computer comes back with the registry key is marked for deletion.

How do i restore them?

Edited by defyet, 14 July 2010 - 03:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:00 AM

Hello defyet.

First, a warning for both you and others who may read this thread.

ComboFix (CF for short) is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for personal, unsupervised use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. When CF is run without trained assistance, it can no longer be considered a "safe" tool. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

You may find this topic to be informative - ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Now. . . in regards to your issue.

The problem should resolve itself if you reboot the computer again

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 Rebecca Holman

Rebecca Holman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

hello, I am asked to post. I am here from the Malwarebytes forum reading instructions on programs I am asked to download. I am having the same issue. Thanks for that answer. I will await the person in Malwarebytes forum to direct me first before I reboot.

Edited by Rebecca Holman, 19 July 2011 - 09:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users