Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Causing System Slowdown/Memory Ballooning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 DrSatanDracula

DrSatanDracula

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

System detail:

Hewlett Packard m9600t
Intel Core i7 940 @ 2.93 GHZ
Windows Vista 64-bit Home
4 GB RAM
768 MB NvIdia Geforce 9600 GS
Internet Explorer 7 (I don't like 8)

Problem detail:

After finding out that it is likely IE that is the culprit after the discussion found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330380/blue-screen-error-while-surfing-internet-a-few-days-ago/ I've come to make a new topic here to see if you fine folks can help me get IE back in working order.

Basically, the problem is this: After browsing around with IE for even a short period of time, IE's memory balloons and other programs, specifically Yahoo Messenger, show a slow down. Specifically with YIM, when I start typing in text and press enter (not when I click on enter in the IM screen) there is a marked amount of lag in the time it takes for the text to disappear and appear in the window, and eventually it gets to the point where when I am typing, the text lags in showing up as I type.

This even lead to a BSOD possibly when I was really straining the browser.

Any idea what I can do to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 35,777 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:52 PM

There is no reason to start new topic about very same issue.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

As Broni states the discussion can continue in the existing thread, it's all related. This thread closed to avoid confusion.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users