Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help...Several things going wrong with my computer...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ozhawk

ozhawk

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Hi. I am having several issues with my computer. Some of the problems are: slow/no response from IE (I can enter a search term, especially on a third tab or different window, and it sits there trying to pull something up, but never reaches a site etc.), slow response on opening other applications, saving sites to favorites folders (sometimes the website screen that I am trying to save goes black momentarily) and it uusually takes between 5 and 10 seconds to get the menu when using the right button on my mouse.

I started getting these problems when I had Advanced System Care and IO Bit loaded on my system so I posted my problem in this forum and it was suggested that I remove them both and I did. Things have gone downhill ever since. (not to say that this was the problem).

I have scanned my system with Avast, Malwarebytes, and the slow and tedious Windows Defender. (If there is another application that you think I should have I am open to suggestions)

I have both IE8 and Mozilla Firefox.

Any help to ensure that there is no malicious software on my system would be greatly appreciated.
ozhawk

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS
Dell Inspiron 518
Processor Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600@ 2.40GHz
RAM - 4 GB
Disk Space 450GB total - 303 GB Free Space

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 July 2010 - 02:43 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users