Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A way to increase the volume on Firefox?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simpsonman3000

simpsonman3000

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

I was curious if there's a way to boost the audio level for a browser, specifically Firefox.

To be used with YouTube videos, etc.

I know that VLC player has that audio booster in the program, so I'm not looking for a media player that will do this, just a program that can raise the audio level for Firefox.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

Ff does not, I think, "play" the videos, but the file is played by different applications; the sound should be adjusted with the controls available on those.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

It depends on what browser plug-ins you have installed.

Those could be called ActiveX, codec or media plug-ins.

So what you need to do is access the browsers plug-ins menu and it should list what plug-ins you have installed.

Most web sites that have video players have a volume control located some where near the embedded video screen, it's commonly located below the video viewer.

It is a slider control, slide it to the right for increased volume.

If volume is still low, check your sound card's mixer controls for the levels of each slider, the speaker icon can also open up audio properties and adjustments can be made there as well.

Hope this helps.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 35 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.
However, I Am Currently A 'Disc Jockey' at a Local Low Powered FM Radio Station. ~~ Bruce Edwards ~~

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users