Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ezsidmv.dat file what is?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 vigi

vigi

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

I found ezsidmv.dat in my system 32 folder in late May and from getting advice from bleepingcomputer staff I was told to delete it and I did so. It came back June 3 and deleted again. It didn't come till today I accessed skype. And from looking at other people's responses, it is supposed to be Not harmful and some how related to skype. Please reply, I'm looking forward to your reply :thumbsup: :flowers:

Edited by vigi, 03 July 2010 - 07:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 36,913 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

ezsidmv.dat is not a friendly file.
I see, you created couple of topics in "Am I Infected?" forum, but you never replied back to your helpers.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313149/help-me-a-question/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315220/i-need-some-questions-answered-pls-help/

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

Edited by Broni, 03 July 2010 - 08:53 PM.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 vigi

vigi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hello broni, come to think of it. I do nit remember the actual spelling of the dat file but I know it had a h in it. But excatly what can this file actually do?

#4 vigi

vigi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

What is a dds log?

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 36,913 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

I don't have an authority to help you with malware issues.
Please, re-read my previous reply, click on a link provided and you'll find out what DDS log is :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 vigi

vigi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:20 PM

I'm scared enough as is. Is it ok if I back up the system, use defogger and run the DDS? And also are these files safe to use? The last thing I want is someone sneaking through my files. Sorry if I am being mean, I'm scared to death and very doubtful of my computer.

Edited by vigi, 03 July 2010 - 11:22 PM.

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 36,913 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:26 AM

Yes, all scans are perfectly safe to use.....if you need some extra assurance :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

#8 vigi

vigi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

After some reseach, Ihave found out that this file is related to skype and have contacted them about this. If they say no, rest assured I will run my ass to my laptop and run DDS. PLS NOTE THAT IAM NOT IGNORING YOUR DIRECTIONS, BUT FINDING A VARIETY OF ANSWERS. sorry if I am seeming hard headed.

#9 vigi

vigi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:13 AM

After some reseach, Ihave found out that this file is related to skype and have contacted them about this. If they say no, rest assured I will run my ass to my laptop and run DDS. PLS NOTE THAT IAM NOT IGNORING YOUR DIRECTIONS, BUT FINDING A VARIETY OF ANSWERS. sorry if I am seeming hard headed.

come to think of it, it has been there since i installed skyp. :flowers: :thumbsup:

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 28,255 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

After discussion in IRC, member agrees to close this topic while researching for more information.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

raybcuserbar.jpg

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users