Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer x1301 coprocessor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Darkknight2k3

Darkknight2k3

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

I recently did a clean install of windows 7 pro x86 while my acer aspire x1301 came factory with x64 home. The problem is now my coprocessor is missing it's driver and the acer site only shows the chipset driver for the x64 not the x86. Can I just try going with the x64? Am I just SOL? Or maybe i find the chipset someplace else? I've looked all over and I can't seem to find the chipset by itself. One site said my chipset is NVIDIA Geforce 9200 and that's also my graphics card too. Is this what i'm looking for and i didn't realize it? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 40,856 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

According to This Page, , Win 7 already has the 32-bit chipset drivers needed.

Louis

#3 Darkknight2k3

Darkknight2k3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

If that's the case any idea why it says my coprocessor is missing it's driver and windows update solution is go to the acer support website?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 40,856 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

Post the exact error message as it appears...and tell us the exact circumstances that provoke it.

Louis

#5 Darkknight2k3

Darkknight2k3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

"A chipset in your computer is missing a driver. Click to download the driver from the acer, Inc website.". Then the link is to the acer support website. When I select my model and select windows 7 professional 32 bit there is no option for chipset driver. When I scroll to 64 bit then it has the chipset driver. But they don't for 32 bit.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 40,856 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

Are you running Win 7 in 64-bit mode?

Right-click on Computer, select Properties...what does it say at System Type?

Louis

#7 Darkknight2k3

Darkknight2k3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

No I'm running 32 bit that's why I have a problem. If I was running x64 then I'd just download those drivers. But I need the drivers for 32 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users