Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSSWCORE error message

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Byrd4LSU

Byrd4LSU

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

I receive the PSSWCORE error message below each time my computer reboots. This just began a couple days ago. I'm not sure what it means or how to resolve it. However, I can cancel it each time it tries to install & it disappears.

I haven't installed any printers in almost 2 years. Both HP printers that I have installed on my computer still work fine & print as they're supposed to.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,447 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hello Byrd and welcome to the forum!

See if this helps
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Byrd4LSU

Byrd4LSU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hello Byrd and welcome to the forum!

See if this helps

Thanks for the link. I must be unable to interpret that info because I can't get it to solve the problem.

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,447 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

Bruce - I noticed all the typos as well.
Found that link on a quick Google search
Didnt have time that day to clean it all up

Thanks for doing it!
Hope it works!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 amaadg

amaadg

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

I receive the PSSWCORE error message below each time my computer reboots. This just began a couple days ago. I'm not sure what it means or how to resolve it. However, I can cancel it each time it tries to install & it disappears.

I haven't installed any printers in almost 2 years. Both HP printers that I have installed on my computer still work fine & print as they're supposed to.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted Image

Hi, I receive exactly the same box you get about needing the psswcore.msi file. Then I insert my HP printer CDROM that allows the digital imaging monitor to work and show an icon.

This always fixes the problem until I get another virus -- found by several antivirus programs I have including Malware Bytes and Remove-it pro 4v. (Sys32 AbaleZip.dll 251KB 3/20/2008. I ok the removal and that stops fake virus signs from appearing when I do.

Over and over and over and over I do this -- first remove the virus and then have to use the HP printer software to re install the missing psswcore.msi to allow the HP digital monitoring icon.

I can always fix things, but doing this is a real bug..... what do you recommend?

I call it my "HP psswcore.msi Sys 32 AbaleZip.dll virus" I first noticed it when I installed Adobe stuff.

Edited by amaadg, 02 October 2010 - 09:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users