Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rasacd.sys (backdoor.Tidserv!inf)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 robefc

robefc

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hello everyone,

I have Norton antivirus on my computer and in a recent scan it has come up with the above alert that apparently has to be manually removed.

I'm having to type this from another computer as I can't currently connect to the internet on the infected computer. I presume that is related to this virus as the computer turned itself off and upon restarting there was no connection. Can't be the internet as I'm using the same broadband from this laptop.

Anyhow, can anyone help with the manual removal of the above virus?

Thanks in advance

Rob

EDIT: Moved from Vista to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 15 May 2010 - 07:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hello, welcome to BC..
Go here and run TDDS Killer
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller

[bRun ]TFC by OT[/b]
Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.46) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Edited by boopme, 15 May 2010 - 10:54 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 robefc

robefc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:52 AM

Hi

Thank you very much for your response.

The only problem is that I can't access the internet at the moment to download the links you have provided.
The network is definitely working as I'm using it with a different laptop now.
It was very strange, I was on the internet on the computer in question yesterday and the internet just turned off, I assume it's related to this virus but I'm not sure.

Thanks again

Rob

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,975 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:56 AM

For the connection issue... Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...."
OR
Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

If you still cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection.
From there save mbam-setup.exe to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program.
If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive.
Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.

Note: Mbam-rules.exe is not updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions if you're having problems updating through the program's interface or have already manually downloaded the latest definitions (mbam-rules.exe) shown on this page, is to do the following: Install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program and update through MBAM's interface. Copy the definitions (rules.ref) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system. If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows to show it.
  • XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#5 robefc

robefc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hi there,

The work around to get online didn't work but I was lucky enough to find a wireless adaptor lying around and that has got me connected again.

TDDS killer didn't find anything.
TCF doesn't seem to do anything. After I select 'run as administrator' norton asks me if I want to allow it, I click allow and then nothing happens...?
The results of the last one are as below.
after restarting and runnin a scan with norton the backdoor virus is still detected.
Thanks
Rob

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4107

Windows 6.0.6000
Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.17037

17/05/2010 00:37:40
mbam-log-2010-05-17 (00-37-40).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 124579
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 43 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 20
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 4
Files Infected: 11

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.hbax (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.hbax.1 (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.hbinfoband (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.hbinfoband.1 (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.iebutton (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.iebutton.1 (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.iebuttona (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.iebuttona.1 (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.rprtctrl (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.rprtctrl.1 (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{8ad9ad05-36be-4e40-ba62-5422eb0d02fb} (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{aebf09e2-0c15-43c8-99bf-928c645d98a0} (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{cdca70d8-c6a6-49ee-9bed-7429d6c477a2} (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{d136987f-e1c4-4ccc-a220-893df03ec5df} (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\M5T8QL3YW3 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\avsuite (Rogue.AntivirusSuite) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ShoppingReport (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\XML (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShoppingReport (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\QZAIB7KITK (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\winid (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport\Bin (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport\Bin\2.5.0 (Adware.ShopperReports) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Digital Protection (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Digital Protection\About.lnk (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Digital Protection\Activate.lnk (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Digital Protection\Buy.lnk (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Digital Protection\Digital Protection Support.lnk (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Digital Protection\Digital Protection.lnk (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Digital Protection\Scan.lnk (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Digital Protection\Settings.lnk (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Digital Protection\Update.lnk (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Digital Protection.LNK (Rogue.DigitalProtection) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\Favorites\_favdata.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\Temp\jisfije9fjoiee.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,975 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

Ok, good while you have a connection we should do a Safe mode and an online scan. You may even have your regular connection back now.

Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.

Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

ESET Online:
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner.
(Requires Internet Explorer to work. If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)
Vista users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator. Right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
  • Click the green ESET Online Scanner button.
  • Read the End User License Agreement and check the box: YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click on the Start button next to it.
  • You may receive an alert on the address bar that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then click Insall ActiveX component.
  • A new window will appear asking "Do you want to install this software?"".
  • Answer Yes to download and install the ActiveX controls that allows the scan to run.
  • Click Start.
  • Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Scan to start. (please be patient as the scan could take some time to complete)
  • If offered the option to get information or buy software. Just close the window.
  • When the scan has finished, a log.txt file will be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt
    folder.
  • Click Posted Image > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • The scan results will open in Notepad. Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.
Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

#7 robefc

robefc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

Apologies, I ran the first one without rebooting to safe mode, the first log is from that, the second one from when I realised my mistake and did as you asked.
The last log is from ESET.
The virus is still present according to norton and I still need to use the wireless adaptor but otherwise all is working ok.
Thanks for your hrlp
Rob

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/18/2010 at 00:10 AM

Application Version : 4.37.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 4945
Trace Rules Database Version: 2757

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 01:18:06

Memory items scanned : 372
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 7996
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 122735
File threats detected : 32

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\isabella@adlegend01[2].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][2].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\isabella@chitika[1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\isabella@clicksor[2].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\isabella@collective-media[1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][2].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\isabella@eyewonder[1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\isabella@invitemedia[2].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\isabella@media6degrees[1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\isabella@pornotube[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@advertise[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@atdmt[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@bizzclick[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][3].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@doubleclick[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@invitemedia[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@serving-sys[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@tradedoubler[2].txt

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/17/2010 at 09:55 PM

Application Version : 4.37.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 4945
Trace Rules Database Version: 2757

Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 01:09:25

Memory items scanned : 792
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 576
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 83610
File threats detected : 44

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\isabella@clicksor[1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\isabella@invitemedia[2].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\isabella@pointroll[1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\isabella@lemonlimeadvertising[1].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\[email protected][3].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@advertise[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@advertise[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@advertise[3].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@advertise[4].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@apmebf[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@atdmt[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@bizzclick[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@burstnet[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@doubleclick[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@doubleclick[2].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@doubleclick[3].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@doubleclick[4].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@invitemedia[1].txt
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\system@mediaplex[2].txt

Rogue.DigitalProtection
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\about.ico
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\activate.ico
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\buy.ico
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\dig.db
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\help.ico
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\scan.ico
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\settings.ico
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\splash.mp3
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\update.ico
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION\virus.mp3
C:\Users\isabella\AppData\Local\TEMP\DIGITAL PROTECTION

ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK
# version=7
# iexplore.exe=7.00.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205)
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6211
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=dbbb89f3377ea846a0aaec8caab8f447
# end=finished
# remove_checked=true
# archives_checked=false
# unwanted_checked=true
# unsafe_checked=false
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2010-05-18 09:47:27
# local_time=2010-05-18 10:47:27 (+0000, GMT Daylight Time)
# country="United Kingdom"
# lang=1033
# osver=6.0.6000 NT
# compatibility_mode=1024 16777215 100 0 18880599 18880599 0 0
# compatibility_mode=3584 16777175 100 0 0 0 0 0
# compatibility_mode=5892 16776574 100 100 1595289 111702509 0 0
# compatibility_mode=8192 67108863 100 0 502 502 0 0
# scanned=124670
# found=0
# cleaned=0
# scan_time=6267

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,975 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

Is Norton showing it in Sytem Volume .......?

If NOT we will need to post a DDS log.

Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.

#9 robefc

robefc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:55 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by system volume.
The details on the scan results are:

infected file c:\\windows\system32\drivers\rasacd.sys

I've run the scans and created a new post as suggested. The Gimer one didn't work as my computer carried on crashing.

Thanks for your help.
Rob

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,975 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

Sorry for not being clear..
The System Volume Information folder is used by Windows for storing data on system configuration and is also used by the System Restore tool to store information and restore points.
As an example: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E9DF52E4-6601-4F09--04F6D3CB8194}\RP206\A0016149.exe
But we see it wasn't there and now we have the DDS log posted.

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users