Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web browser infection?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sullyj3

sullyj3

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:51 AM

Hi, I have recently been having problems with my web browser. Whenever use a search engine, and click on a results link, am redirected to some random advertising site (sites vary). I use Opera, but this problem persisted when I tried Firefox and Safari. Internet explorer kept opening itself with either an advertising site or a blank page, which would be exceedingly frustrating when I was using a full screen application. Also whenever I turn on my computer it displays a couple of error messages about being unable to find .dll files:

There was a problem starting C:\users\[myname]\appdata\local\awimusigegobe.dll
opereration did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus.

[and]

There was a problem starting C:\users\[myname]\appdata\local\KBDapox2.dll
the specified module could not be found.

I can't install windows updates.

I Googled the problem and found something telling me to download and run HiJackThis, which I did. Should I copy the log file? I also keep getting fake looking dialog boxes online saying:

Your browser is under the threat of infection. Windows requires your permission to install online protection tool.
Your browser is run in unsafe mode. Running the protection mode will help you to keep your computer safe. Staying at the suspicious website in unsafe mode may lead to the loss of personal data and computer breakage. To run the web browser in protected mode Windows requires installing the certified antivirus scanner software and online protection tool.

Someone please help!

Edited by sullyj3, 05 May 2010 - 07:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users