Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows won't let me uninstall programs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WinXPKid129

WinXPKid129

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

When I go into my Add/Remove programs list it hides some programs and some of the programs will not give me an option to uninstall. (I click it and it doesn't show change/remove tab). It is also hiding some of the programs that I know are installed on my computer. I am running Windows XP.
WinXPKid129

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

I would try 337, right side (Restore Change or Remove Programs) from http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm.

Louis

#3 PCS365_5

PCS365_5

• Banned
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:23 AM

I recommend you download and use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the applications.

1. Visit http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/...4-10687648.html to download and install the application.

2. Run the application after installing it. From the menu, click "View" and select "Details". [This is for viewing complete information about the installed applications.]

3. Right click the application you would like to remove and select "Uninstall".

4. Select "Moderate" and click "Next". [It will then run the uninstaller to remove the application.]

5. Click "Next". It will now show you the registry key associated with the uninstalled application.

5.a. You can click "Select All" and then click "Delete" to remove the registry entries.
Or
5.b. Click "Next" to skip removing registry entries.

6. Click "Finish".

regards,
PCS365

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users