Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can i make AOL my default browser?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rugbyboyle

rugbyboyle

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:06 PM

Hi all

I have a problem with my internet explorer in which osme sites dont work. Have tried numerous posts about it but no one seems to be able to solve the problem!

Therefore, i want to have AOL as my default browser, meanign when i click on links to my inbox on msn for example, or try to sign up with mcafee security center it opens with AOL rather than IE, thus eliminating that annoying "page cannot be displayed" message!!

I have been on the program access and defaults section on my laptop and changed AOL to my default browser, but this seems to have no effect on msn or my mcafee!

Hope someone can help me!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 28,282 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:17 PM

There is a long explanation to your problem, to fully describe it. However, so that I don't confuse myself and then spread that to you. I'll make it short. AOL is not a browser. AOL is a service provider that has a "branded" browser included. That being said, the browser with the brand of AOL is in all actuality IE. So when you set AOL as default, you get IE. Hopefully I haven't confused you with that explanation.

Be (AOL) Safe

Da Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

raybcuserbar.jpg

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users