Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do not show this screen again

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 magfee

magfee

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hello. I have tried to use a CD on my computer but I am having problems. A while back when using CDs it came up with all the programmes I can use (media player, quick time, etc). To bypass this, I clicked the box saying 'do not show this screen again'. It seems though the CD I am trying to use now cannot be run by the programme I previously selected. How do I get back to that screen again?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Bev

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

right click on the CD in my computer and click on properties and then go to the autoplay tab and click prompt me each time to choose an action.

sigcomp.png
Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice, that is what our forums are for.
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | BC Welcome Guide | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! | Hang With Us on LockerDome!

#3 magfee

magfee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

If I go into my computer there is no cd to right click on. I have tried a few cd's and none of them will work.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

there should be a Hard drive and then under that in removable drives there should be an icon that should say the name of the cd are u sure there isn"t? If there isnt then go to control panel then administrative tools then device manager and go to device manager and take a screen shot.

To do this follow these instructions,

In order to insert an image within a post. First you must save it to your Hard Drive.

Hit Prt scrn on your keyboard then open Microsoft paint and paste it and save it to your desktop.

You will now need to Host the image at a Photo Hosting Site.

I use and recommend Photobucket. It is a great photo hosting site, plus registration is free. Unless of course, you choose the premium service.

> Go to Photobucket
> Sign up > log-in
> Click on the > browse button. Find your image and then click > submit.

> You will then see your pic uploaded

> Three links will show under the image itself.

> Sample Album

> For a small to medium size image. Copy the IMG link.

> IMG Example: Posted Image

> For a large image. Copy the URL
> This saves on bandwidth. Pages will also load much faster for those on dial-up.

> URL Example: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/sca...18/IMG00057.jpg

> Paste the link into your post

> Note: Actually for images that are quite large, as in desktop screenshots. I use the photo hosting site ImageShack. Which is a free service as well. Since it allows a maximum image size of 1024 kb. Photobucket has a maximum allowance of only 250 kb. They will be re-sized if they are larger. And the image will not be as crisp.

ImageShack

Click on Register in the top right hand corner.
Check your e-mail for your activation link
Click on > Browse
Then click on > Host It
Then click on the link > My Images
You will now see that your image has been uploaded.
> copy eiether the Thumbnail Code for forums. The thumbnail code will create a clickable thumbnail.

Example: Clickable Thumbnail

Posted Image

> Or the Direct code. Just under the thumbnail code.

Example: Direct http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9320/thimg000573fi.jpg

Now if you wish to insert a signature or a small image, that will show in all of your posts. You must do this.

> Copy the IMG link
> Go to your Control Panel @ Bleeping Computer
> On the left hand side go to> Personal Profile > Edit Signature
> For a signature > Paste the IMG link in the text box
> To insert a small image > Paste the IMG link eiether before or after your Signature
> For eiether choice > Click on Update Signature

Note: Images in signatures must also be no larger than 500 pixels wide X 90 pixels high. Also please keep in mind that offensive content is prohibited. This applies to both text and image's.

sigcomp.png
Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice, that is what our forums are for.
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | BC Welcome Guide | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! | Hang With Us on LockerDome!

#5 magfee

magfee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:20 AM

This is my screen shot, I hope its ok, its the only way i could do it!!
Thanks

Attached Files

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:31 AM

Yes that's fine, I see that your drive has an issue, double click on it and go to the next tab over from the one it is on when you open it then click uninstall driver and restart windows.

sigcomp.png

#7 magfee

magfee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

yep iv'e done that, and gone back into device manager and it is still the same as when I sent you the screen shot.

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Editor

• BC Advisor
  • 3,752 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Who is your computers manufacturer and model?

sigcomp.png

#9 magfee

magfee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:41 AM

Its an HP Pavilion. Windows XP.

Edited by magfee, 08 April 2010 - 09:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users