Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to erase residual files and folders from a prior uninstall of a program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 g0tvtec

g0tvtec

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

After I uninstall some programs, I notice there is still residual materials left on my hard drive in program directories, user data directories and other registry entries.

For example two programs that I uninstalled previously include Seagate Manager and RoboForm yet in C:/ProgramData (hidden folder) there are two folders "Seagate/Seagate Manager" and "RoboForm" which each contain one to a couple files in them.

Do I still need these files/folders even though the programs are uninstalled on my pc? How can I erase them? Can I erase it manually? Is there a program that erases these residual materials on my hard drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 59,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hello, RoboForm is a password Manager and Form filler. It can go.

The Seagate Manager is the backup software provided on Seagate FreeAgent Family Drives. The following table identifies Seagate Manager features available in a Windows environment.

Seagate Manager Features

Scheduled Backup
Backup/Restore of User Files/Folders
Seagate Auto Software Update
Adjust Power Management
Drive Diagnostics
SyncSeagate Folder Encryption

http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/self...p;NewLang=en#23

Did you remove the drive or no longer want to use those functions.

Use Revo Uninstaller:

1.Please download Revo Uninstaller.
2.Extract the ZIP file to a folder and run revouninstaller.exe from there! (You can copy that folder to an USB Mass storage drive and use it without any installation required!)
3.There are two ways to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller:
Important: Please, try to close the application you want to uninstall first!
Select the application in the list of installed applications and press the Uninstall button in the toolbar.
Right-click the application and click the Uninstall command in the displayed menu. Follow the instructions.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users