Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 has wrong date stamp

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pouringreign

pouringreign

• Members
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:44 PM

I have spoke to someone who is dependent on sending customers' emails. It is vital that the email dates are correct. I think the problem started when the clocks went ahead.

I have instructed them to do all updates for outlook 2003. I verified that the problem is not related to their email host. The date stramps are correct when they send out email usijng webmail.
Her computer is free of viruses and spyware and is maintained very well. She did a detect and repair as well.

She has Mcafee as her antivirus scanner and no firewalls that I know of.

I spoke to her email server and they have not any such issues regarding their server.

Maybe someone out there has dealt with thiis before. My hunch is that maybe by upgrading to outlook 2007, this problem would get resolved. She doesn't want to use outlook express, which has it's own problems and is not supported any more.

I am clueless to what would be the next step.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pouringreign

pouringreign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

I made sure the time, dsate and region was correct in the control panel and even in the bios. and it was correct.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 25,913 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

I'm not sure where the 'date stamp' is wrong? Her sending date or the recipient's date stamp?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 pouringreign

pouringreign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

If you mean was the date on the email received correct? Yes she send an email to my computer and my date was correct.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 25,913 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

Ok, so your received date and time was correct. Does it match the same date and time from her 'sent' mail folder for your email?

If it matches, I'm not sure what you're trying to ask, then.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 pouringreign

pouringreign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

Her clock says 3:00pm, however when she sent me a test email, the date-stamp was 2:00pm. The clock on her computer is right, the bios time is right, the region is correct. When she sends out webmail, the date-stamp matches the date and time on her computer. I sent a test out from her computer before daylight savings time and at that time the computer date and time matched the date stamp on the email. So I thinking that this may have something to do with day-light savings time and not outlook.

She did all the updates for outlook, such as sp1,2 and 3. All the microsoft updates are complete as well.

I know this is a bit confusing and I'll try to explain it further if it's still unclear.

She has Mcaffee as a virus scanner, could this be causing problems?

I'm just unclear where to go from here.

#7 pouringreign

pouringreign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

I have been researching this problem on the internet and I may have found something:

Windows clock will not sync
My clock won't sync .
"An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com"

I tried every server on the list, and I get the same error. Why? I don't have a firewall

Have you upgraded the clock software, if not see: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=931836

I want to see if doing this update helps.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 25,913 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

There is this to try? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274773/sync-time-in-windows-xp-easely/

Andrew Brown

Posted Image

#9 pouringreign

pouringreign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 231 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

I'm getting to the end of my rope :flowers: The outlook problem has turned into a windows xp issue. Now this belongs on the Windows XP forum. After doing all updates for outlook, for office and trying different time servers, this issue is being refocused to the time servers not synching correctly.

The person, I'm helping is working for a travel agency, so there concerned about the time being correct. They guarentee 1 hour turn around.

I'm thinking that the only alternative may be to reformat the computer. I've researched this and nothing helps :thumbsup:

When she uses a time server to synch, the time comes back an hour earlier thatn it should be.

There must be some answer out there that works. Reformatting is crazy for these people, they do not do back up nor have their applications on hand.

#10 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

DO NOT format over this issue!

As an experiment, try unchecking the box to allow Windows to synch with a time server & see what happent then.
Let the system manage the time.

I have seen a lot of computers whose clocks were off an hour when checked.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users