Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble with iTunes Installation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ptritch

ptritch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:50 PM

I was using iTunes 4.7 and for some reason opted to download and install version 5.0. There was a problem during installation and now I can neither run the 4.7 or the 5.0, and I can't install either --the computer comes back and says there's an existing installation so it aborts the install.

Problem codes during attempted re-install are:

Internal Error 2718 (5A4AFC3E-4793-46A1-92D6-3A1C5E52948A)

Error 1603 Fatal Error during installation

What I'd like to do is remove any existing installation and then start off again with a new install. Any suggestions how I rid myself of the remnants which are still in the system?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

Hello ptritch and welcome to BC.

Since no-one has offered any assistance I'll make a suggestion but I can't be sure it will help. Try using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. It may solve your problem by removing info that is blocking the new install.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users