Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble with iTunes Installation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ptritch

ptritch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:50 PM

I was using iTunes 4.7 and for some reason opted to download and install version 5.0. There was a problem during installation and now I can neither run the 4.7 or the 5.0, and I can't install either --the computer comes back and says there's an existing installation so it aborts the install.

Problem codes during attempted re-install are:

Internal Error 2718 (5A4AFC3E-4793-46A1-92D6-3A1C5E52948A)

Error 1603 Fatal Error during installation

What I'd like to do is remove any existing installation and then start off again with a new install. Any suggestions how I rid myself of the remnants which are still in the system?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,777 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

Hello ptritch and welcome to BC.

Since no-one has offered any assistance I'll make a suggestion but I can't be sure it will help. Try using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. It may solve your problem by removing info that is blocking the new install.

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users