Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adware.win32.webhancer/Trojan-spy.win32.agent.beaf et .bdzz

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Thierry92700

Thierry92700

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:12 AM

Bonsoir,
Suite à une navigation sur un forum d'avis pour des restaurant. J'ai "récupéré" adware.win32.webhancer que j'ai essayé de supprimer avec Fsecure. Ce matin j'ai lancé un scan complet de l'ordi déconnecté d'internet et je me retrouve avec 9 virus sur le PC.

Trojan-spy.win32.agent.beaf
Trojan-spy.win32.agent.bdzz

et là impossible de les supprimer. Fsecure les détecte mais ne fait pas de mise en quarantaine ou de nettoyage.
J'ai booter sur CD avec bitdefender mais celui-ci ne trouve rien.
Merci pour vos conseils et aide.
Cordialement
Thierry

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 March 2010 - 06:52 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,069 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:37 PM

Hello and welcome .. Sorry I do not speak French and hope you can understand this English.
EDIT: if you need French please let me know.

I see your infection and want to do another scan ..

Run...TFC by OT
Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.44) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1
Download Link 2
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Edited by boopme, 12 March 2010 - 02:17 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 Jacy66

Jacy66

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

Hello,

I'm new to your group and having same Trojan as Thierry... went thru your solution above, did clean up registry but still have 7 files infected... (which I did move to subfolder "Verybad" just in cas, but same result)
HELP!
I am using Bell internet security services, here is my last log:
Master Boot Records and Fixed Disk Boot Sectors
Scanned 3 Master Boot Record(s) for viruses.

Your Master Boot Record(s)/Boot Sector(s) are not infected.

Files
Drive C:\
C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{2631C4A0-167B-4332-A46A-8EEEE1D0AD07}\RPS SafeConnect.msi

Some parts of this file could not be scanned because they are password protected. The real-time protection will automatically scan these parts when they are accessed.
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\Verybad\CreatorLink_ret.exe

Viruses detected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.beaf
Action taken: File could not be disinfected. File was deleted instead.
C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\Verybad\RTCDLink_ret.exe

C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\Verybad\RecordnowLink_ret.exe

C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\Verybad\RestoreLink_ret.exe

C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\Verybad\RunLink_ret.exe

C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\Verybad\SysRecoveryLink_ret.exe

C:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\Verybad\WizardLink_ret.exe

Files scanned: 139782
Infected files: 7
Disinfected files: 0
Deleted files: 7
Files unable to scan: 1
Drive D:\
Files scanned: 16348
Infected files: 0
Deleted files: 0
Files unable to scan: 0
Drive Z:\
Files scanned: 25759
Infected files: 0
Deleted files: 0
Files unable to scan: 0
Report Summary
Files scanned: 181889
Total infected files: 7
Total disinfected files: 0
Total deleted files: 7
Total files unable to scan: 1
Anti-Virus engine status
Last update: 15/03/2010 9:33:54 PM
Virus definition file: 1268682780
==================================

Reported that files has been removed, but did not work

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,069 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

Hello you ran Malwarebytes and iy did not remove anything? If it did post it's log.

Let's run another tool .. i suspect this malware to be trying to send info out so try to keep it off the net. After installing and setting this up disconnect and scan. This is a long deep scan.

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

Please download Dr.Web CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
alternate download link
Note: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
  • When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#5 Jacy66

Jacy66

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

Thanks... that was a fast response! I'm starting your step by step instruction... in the meantime, here is the malwarebytes log:

=====================================
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3871
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

15/03/2010 1:11:29 PM
mbam-log-2010-03-15 (13-11-29).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 156085
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 31 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 8
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\minibugtransporter.minibugtransporterx (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{3c2d2a1e-031f-4397-9614-87c932a848e0} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{04a38f6b-006f-4247-ba4c-02a139d5531c} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2b96d5cc-c5b5-49a5-a69d-cc0a30f9028c} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\minibugtransporter.minibugtransporterx.1 (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{b64f4a7c-97c9-11da-8bde-f66bad1e3f3a} (Rogue.WinAntiVirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\popcaploader.popcaploaderctrl2 (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\popcaploader.popcaploaderctrl2.1 (Adware.PopCap) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,069 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

Ok ,,that's adware from your weather program.

#7 Jacy66

Jacy66

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:36 AM

'Morning,
My PC work very hard last night... and here is DrWeb.csv contents:
=============================================
_desktop.ini;C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Tmp;Win32.HLLW.Gavir.ini;Deleted.;
_desktop.ini;C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Tmp\User Manual;Win32.HLLW.Gavir.ini;Deleted.;
_desktop.ini;C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Tmp\Win98 Driver;Win32.HLLW.Gavir.ini;Deleted.;
vaultclientsrv.exe;c:\program files\personal vault;Probably DLOADER.Trojan;Incurable.Moved.;
KillWind.exe;C:\hp\bin;Tool.ProcessKill;Incurable.Moved.;
=============================================

BTW, the 7 files that use to be reported in c:\hp\recovery\wizard\fscommand\Verybad\ and infected with "Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.beaf" are gone now!!!

I'll run my usual tools and get back to you with the result.

Thks

#8 Jacy66

Jacy66

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

:thumbsup: Hello again,

I beleive that my pc is back on the track now... nothing is reported on my last scans. Anything else I should do?
What do I do with files "quarantined" by Doctor Web?

Thk again

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,069 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

Yes let me know if you find any more and how it's running now.
I see we were posting about the same time. You can delete them now.

Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

If all is good here then..
Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been backed up, renamed and saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok". Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" tab, then click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista and Windows 7 users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point in Vista or Windows 7 and Disk Cleanup in Vista.

Edited by boopme, 17 March 2010 - 12:42 PM.

#10 Jacy66

Jacy66

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

Everything looks fine to MBAM too ;-)
=============================
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3876
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

17/03/2010 2:00:03 PM
mbam-log-2010-03-17 (14-00-03).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 161205
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 25 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
===============================

I will now create my restore point as suggested ! You give detailed step by step instructions which help a lot!

Good Show boopme!
Have a nice day

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,069 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

Thanks and you're welcome Jayc. It makes it easier for us all. We are glad to have helped.
Please take a few minutes to read our quietman7's excellent Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:,in post 17. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users