Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I being keylogged?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 D4ng3r0us

D4ng3r0us

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

I am a fairly tech savvy individual (or rather, I know how to use Father Google to learn things I need to know), and always keep my antivirus up to date. I am using AVG as well as recently installed bit defender just to see if AVG missed anything.

I USED to play an online Role Playing Game, and of course have been very careful about not giving out my information, and not clicking on links, all that stuff. I'm not a newb when it comes to being smart on the internet.

The other day, I logged onto my account, and it had been stripped clean of gear and items. All my accounts were stripped, all my brother's accounts had been stripped. The only ones that were intact were the ones we hadn't touched in weeks.

I fear that I have become victim of a keylogger somehow, and I would really like to know how to possibly fix this before settling on a full out reformat of my brother's and my computer.

Where should I start? I have done full antivirus scans on both computers, with multiple programs. They only retrieved tracking cookies. I don't know how to identify a keylogger, apparently they are hard to catch...

Thanks for the help!

p.s. the keylogger would HAVE to have some click-based screencapture function, the login to the game requires you 'click' randomly scattered numbers to input a 'pin' you create... Terrifying (but not unheard of in this game).

Edited by D4ng3r0us, 01 March 2010 - 07:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 D4ng3r0us

D4ng3r0us
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

Sorry for bumping the topic, but it has been a week and this is a rather urgent problem, the security of my bank accounts might be at risk...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users