Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About FixExe.reg

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adam S

Adam S

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

Hi, just joined, and was wondering about the program 'FixExe.reg'

I've seen it be suggested numerous times and was wondering if I could get a little bit of an explanation of what it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

Hello Adam_S and welcome to BleepingComputer! :thumbsup:

I'll try to be as brief as possible but at the same time, hope you will understand as it can get complicated.

Fixexe.reg is a Registry File that fixes .exe file association that has be broken, which is usually caused by malware. When .exe file associations are broken, any associated .exe applications cannot be executed, and you will get one of those warnings/errors saying "What do you want to use to Open this file" since Windows can not recognize the file.

Hope that helps.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users