Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google won't connect

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sandigls

sandigls

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:35 AM

I can not connect to any google sites and/or search engines. I have listed google on my "allow" list. What else do I need to check?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Tigger93_*

Guest_Tigger93_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:58 PM

Hmm. Are you sure it's not on your Restricted Site List?

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,021 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:22 PM

Well, it's hard to tell without more information, but sounds like you may have been hijacked and your hosts file was changed to block Google. If that's the case you have much more on your system that needs to be cleaned up.

We need to see a HijackThis log in order to help you get that junk off your system and whatever else that doesn't need to be there. It will also give us more information about your system that we need to know to help you.

Please do this:

Click on the link below and follow the steps in that tutorial so you can get a log posted:
How to post a HijackThis Log

You can of course skip step 1. But be sure to follow all the other steps and use the links in the tutorial to:

1. Download the self-extracting HijackThis.
2. Open the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum to start a new Topic in that forum. It is important that you post your log into a new topic in that forum. If you have any problems here is a link again:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...?act=SF&s=&f=22

It may be a day or two before you get an answer. But it is also important that you not post again to the topic you started asking for help or wondering if you will get help or otherwise "bumping" your thread/topic. In order to work on a first come-first served basis, helpers look for the oldest topics with zero replies.

BUT, once you receive a reply, stay in the topic that you have started. Do not start another thread.
And I may be obliged to defend
Every love every ending
Or maybe there's no obligations now,
Maybe I've a reason to believe
We all will be received
In Graceland--Paul Simon

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 28,033 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:23 PM

Edit: Nevermind, I was too slow and Papakid has a more thorough reply. Therefore I defer to more experience. :thumbsup:

Be (Google) Safe

Da Animale

Edited by Animal, 05 September 2005 - 07:27 PM.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users