Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Problem Has Been Detected & Windows Has Been Shut Down...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Computer Crisis

Computer Crisis

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:51 PM

My computer keeps going to a blue error screen with the following text displayed:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

A process or thread crucial to your system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***Stop: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8215F790, 0x8215F904, 0x805F9F88)

Beginning dump of physical memory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I fix this? Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:20 AM

Did you try googling the codes, or check with M$ for definitions? I saw this message on a two year old Dell once and it went away after a reboot, then again I saw it on my machine just before the hdd failed.
Please note:  My wife broke her radius in three places at the wrist.  This required surgery where a plate and nine screws were attached to allow this brake to heal properly.  She is recovering now and should make a full recovery over the next six weeks if all goes well.  She is doing well enough now that I don't need to stick quite so close to her and will be able to start getting back to the amount of time I was able to invest previously.

I would like to thank those of you who have expressed your concerns and best wishes for a speedy recovery.  

Sincerely,

Dan

#3 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:31 AM

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
ddtools, DriverDevTools, Design Guide, Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ddtools/ hh/ddtools/BCCodes_1a708a96-14bf-41c7-8881-cec536b95c57.xml.asp

STOP: 0x00000003 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) INVALID_AFFIN (Windows 2000 Error and Event Messages Help)
STOP: 0x00000003 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) INVALID_AFFINITY_SET Explanation: This is a Windows 2000 Executive character-mode STOP message. It indicates a null of nonproper subset affinity.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/ 1119.asp
Please note:  My wife broke her radius in three places at the wrist.  This required surgery where a plate and nine screws were attached to allow this brake to heal properly.  She is recovering now and should make a full recovery over the next six weeks if all goes well.  She is doing well enough now that I don't need to stick quite so close to her and will be able to start getting back to the amount of time I was able to invest previously.

I would like to thank those of you who have expressed your concerns and best wishes for a speedy recovery.  

Sincerely,

Dan

#4 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:55 AM

Have you added any new software or hardware recently? RAM chips in particular can cause such crashes.

When you say often, how many times has it occured? What are you doing when it happens?

#5 Computer Crisis

Computer Crisis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:01 PM

It's an old computer, it started doing it a while ago. Then we bought a new computer cuase we didnt feel like dealing with the problem. Now I would like to fix it for an office computer. When I say often I mean pretty much everytime I turn on the computer. I can be doing anything from typing in word pad to browsing the web, the inside of the computer beeps a couple times, then it freezes for a sec, then goes right to the blue error screen.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:37 PM

Does it make beep codes when it starts up?

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

The CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION bug check has a value of 0x000000F4. This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.
Parameter Description
1 The terminating object type:

0x3: Process

0x6: Thread

2 The terminating object
3 The process image file name
4 Pointer to an ASCII string containing an explanatory message

Cause

Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system. When they are terminated for any reason, the system can no longer function.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....6b95c57.xml.asp

#7 indiandan

indiandan

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:40 PM

sound like hardware failing
Dan Hollingsworth
A+ certified
Mircosoft certified professional

#8 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:00 PM

http://www.memtest86.com/

go there, download the "iso" version, scroll down a bit to get it. open the downloaded "iso" image with nero or another burning program, burn it to cd, then rfeboot your computer and boot to this. this will test your memory, (ram).
i would suggest you check out the name of your hard drive too, and then go to this link, this will tell where to go, and how to use the hard drive diagnostic tool.

leurgy has these posted for you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Har...ols-t28744.html
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users