1.Post #1 indicated that you were unable to uninstall Online Armor 3.5 using Add/Remove and then tried editing the registry. The registry may be corrupted. Have you already tried restoring your computer to a time before you first attempted uninstalling Online Armor 3.5 ?
2.If you have not tried restoring to an earlier date, do you need instructions for System Restore? If so, what operating system (OS) are you running?
3.Your last post seems to indicate that you have been shutting down Online Armor firewall because it's throwing up alerts; so if you have been running without a firewall you may have malware on your computer. Do you have any antivirus or antispyware software installed? Have you run it recently to determine if your computer is infected?
4.If your computer is infected you'll need the help of an authorized malware expert here in the forum â€“ I cannot help with that.
5.If your computer is not infected and you can bring your computer back to stability doing a system restore then proceed to try uninstalling Online Armor 3.5 with the Online Armor uninstaller detailed in Uninstall Online Armor On Your question about how to reinstall OA see post #5 in this thread Can't run, uninstall, or reinstall 126.96.36.199 (solved)
1) I have not tried to do a system restore yet but now I am willing to do one as this problem is very annoying.
2) No I do not need instructions I believe I know how to do it. Windows XP is pretty stright forward on how to do it.
3) I have a firewall through my ISP which also has AV and spyware protection but I also run a-squared AV as well as Malwarebytes. I have also ran DrWed AV scanner it found 1 potential virus linked to broadjump or something, so I just moved it as it was incurable. My ISP has not pickup as viruses as of late.
4) I do not believe I have any viruses so I think I am ok from this angle
5) I will try a system restore before Oct but I do not believe that I have been setting restore points, I'm not sure if it is automatic or not. I will post my results in my next post
****EDIT*** I can not go back far enough for a system restore only back to Nov 15th and Online Armor was installed Oct 10..
Edited by bomni, 13 February 2010 - 12:34 PM.