Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Online Armor problems

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bomni

bomni

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

Hello

I have been having difficulties with removing Online Armor 3.5 from my desktop computer. I have tried many times to remove it from add/remove programs but nothing happens. I did try to remove it from the registry once but I do not think i did it correctly. Shortly thereafter when my computer restarts will freeze right away. I'm not sure if these are related as it works now but I have just been leaving my computer on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

There is an uninstall guide for Online Armor How To Uninstall Online Armor

#3 bomni

bomni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:57 AM

This guide does not help me. I cannot delete those 4 files from the registry. I apparently do not have permission meaning that I am not the admin but I am the admin

#4 sarunk

sarunk

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:50 AM

Please go to this link and install your uninstaller
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Your...load-29334.html

After installing it you will find all the programs installed in your computer in this "Your Uninstaller". You can easily remove the online Armor using this.

#5 bomni

bomni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

Ok something weird is happening I can download my computer but when I try to open some executable files I get this classic message saying
"Windows can not access the specified device/path or file. You do not have permission to access the item" So I go to the file location and go to properties and unblock it. I get the same thing again!

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

I would reinstall online Armour,and use REVO to uninstall.

How long have you had this program on your Computer?

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html

#7 bomni

bomni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:23 PM

How can I reinstall online armor ? usually there is a option in the list on the program but there is not. I can not open/run any exe files because I do not have permission...... even I am the admin.

I have had the Online armor since Oct 2009, but I always close it as it gives me too many notifications on programs that are needing my attention.

Edited by bomni, 12 February 2010 - 08:24 PM.

#8 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

I just installed on-line armor and unintalled with Revo.

Did a registry search and nothing left.

I downloaded from here.

http://download.cnet.com/Online-Armor-Free...&tag=button

Sorry I can't be of more help.

#9 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:53 AM

1.Post #1 indicated that you were unable to uninstall Online Armor 3.5 using Add/Remove and then tried editing the registry. The registry may be corrupted. Have you already tried restoring your computer to a time before you first attempted uninstalling Online Armor 3.5 ?

2.If you have not tried restoring to an earlier date, do you need instructions for System Restore? If so, what operating system (OS) are you running?

3.Your last post seems to indicate that you have been shutting down Online Armor firewall because it's throwing up alerts; so if you have been running without a firewall you may have malware on your computer. Do you have any antivirus or antispyware software installed? Have you run it recently to determine if your computer is infected?

4.If your computer is infected you'll need the help of an authorized malware expert here in the forum I cannot help with that.

5.If your computer is not infected and you can bring your computer back to stability doing a system restore then proceed to try uninstalling Online Armor 3.5 with the Online Armor uninstaller detailed in Uninstall Online Armor On Your question about how to reinstall OA see post #5 in this thread Can't run, uninstall, or reinstall 3.5.0.12 (solved)

#10 bomni

bomni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

1.Post #1 indicated that you were unable to uninstall Online Armor 3.5 using Add/Remove and then tried editing the registry. The registry may be corrupted. Have you already tried restoring your computer to a time before you first attempted uninstalling Online Armor 3.5 ?

2.If you have not tried restoring to an earlier date, do you need instructions for System Restore? If so, what operating system (OS) are you running?
3.Your last post seems to indicate that you have been shutting down Online Armor firewall because it's throwing up alerts; so if you have been running without a firewall you may have malware on your computer. Do you have any antivirus or antispyware software installed? Have you run it recently to determine if your computer is infected?

4.If your computer is infected you'll need the help of an authorized malware expert here in the forum – I cannot help with that.

5.If your computer is not infected and you can bring your computer back to stability doing a system restore then proceed to try uninstalling Online Armor 3.5 with the Online Armor uninstaller detailed in Uninstall Online Armor On Your question about how to reinstall OA see post #5 in this thread Can't run, uninstall, or reinstall 3.5.0.12 (solved)

1) I have not tried to do a system restore yet but now I am willing to do one as this problem is very annoying.

2) No I do not need instructions I believe I know how to do it. Windows XP is pretty stright forward on how to do it.

3) I have a firewall through my ISP which also has AV and spyware protection but I also run a-squared AV as well as Malwarebytes. I have also ran DrWed AV scanner it found 1 potential virus linked to broadjump or something, so I just moved it as it was incurable. My ISP has not pickup as viruses as of late.

4) I do not believe I have any viruses so I think I am ok from this angle

5) I will try a system restore before Oct but I do not believe that I have been setting restore points, I'm not sure if it is automatic or not. I will post my results in my next post

****EDIT*** I can not go back far enough for a system restore only back to Nov 15th and Online Armor was installed Oct 10..

Edited by bomni, 13 February 2010 - 12:34 PM.

#11 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

****EDIT*** I can not go back far enough for a system restore only back to Nov 15th and Online Armor was installed Oct 10..

What I was suggesting was to go to a restore point before you started trying to uninstall Online Armor - does that work for you?

Running more than one firewall is not recommended and causes conflicts. It looks like you have been running two firewalls: Online Armor 3.5 and the firewall from your ISP. I know youre trying to uninstall Online Armor, but I thought Id mention this as an issue for you to consider in the future uninstalling one firewall before installing another firewall.

You indicate Dr Web scanner found "incurable" malware. Do you run the latest version of malwarebytes? Have you run a malwarebytes scan with the lastest defintiions? Did it come back clean? If you are in doubt if your computer is clean you can post in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum or Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum here at bleepingcomputer. On the later forum, see Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

EDIT: I see you already have a completed malware removal thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291101/infected-with-trojanpatchedu/

Edited by tork, 14 February 2010 - 10:27 AM.

#12 bomni

bomni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

hello

I have tried to do a system restore back to Jan 1 and it has not helped.

The main reason I am trying to get rid of OA was because of what you have said. My ISP has auto AV and a firewall so no need for both. As for Malware bytes and DrWebb I run them on demand and not automatically. However I have recently uninstalled Malwarebytes and because I have download it again I can not run the program because system will not let me. Windows can not access the specified file/path. you do not have permission.

Basically I need help with the access to exe files first before I can try and remove OA. I am the Admin but for some reason I can not open these types of file I download!! Very frustrating.. I have been doing some research but not having much luck finding a solution that makes sense or works for me!

The other removal thread was for my netbook and it was a nasty trojan that I got, so these two topics are not related as I do not have any issues with my netbook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users