Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop display doesn't come on

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 urbanninja

urbanninja

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

My aunt's laptop doesn't show anything on the screen. I tried disconnecting the battery and holding the power button for a minute, taking the RAM out for a few minutes and tried clearing the CMOS again, hooked it up to an external display with a VGA cord and pushed the external display button on my keyboard, etc. I tried shining a light on the monitor to see if the backlight just wasn't working, but there is no picture at all. I can hear the hard disk and the fans start up, but the display doesn't work at all.

What could be the problem? Is there anything else that I can try?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

I can hear the hard disk and the fans start up

Do they continue to run or do they quit
No flash of light at all on the screen?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users