Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why do You tube videos pause and start again?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yellowdog5

yellowdog5

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

I have windows XP professional SP3 with IE 7. When I look at videos on You Tube, they go for a while, then pause for about 30 seconds, then go again. Can I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,451 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

This is a common problem with Youtube. It's on their end. The only things I can suggest is to pause until the video loads completely. And sometimes refreshing the page works. I was just there and the video I was watching wasn't playing to my liking. Refreshing fixed the problem. They have so much traffic that glitches are inevitable.

#3 atreiou

atreiou

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

erm, it's called buffering, the computer needs to know what it's gunna play before it can play it, so if there hasn't been enough read by ur computer, the video u r watching will pause and the little red bar should keep going up and then once it reaches a certain point it'll play on again. It'll happen with most sites although some r awesome and don't do it cos they're so fast. Youtube does a really good job managing to keep up with the traffic as it is, it's immense the amount the have to deal with at any on e point in the day!

however, if it pauses and the red line isn't still going up, if it just pauses and nothing happens, then it carries on going, then that's most likely to be ur interenet or ur computer itself being all slow and jerky...

hope that helps..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users