Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help on LAN onboard problem.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Learner87

Learner87

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:12 PM

Hi there. it happens like this, few days ago, my ADSL Modem was strike by lightning. It was fried, so I get a new modem. When I done setup everything, I just find out tht from the Device Manager, windows can't detect any LAN adapter (Nvidia), but my on board LAN, both solid Orange LED is on. So i think maybe my LAN card got fried too, so I get a new LAN adapter for my PC. After I configured everything, i can't get connected to the internet, but my LAN is working well. I try to use MSDOS and type, ipconfig, it shows up DNS suffix LAN...#106 ( its an error anyway). Besides, while i try to run modem setup from my Modem CD, it says: Can't detect LAN onboard.

Can anyone solve my problem here?

I will be greatly appreciate.

Regards,
Learner
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 1,709 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:46 PM

What is the make and model of the modem?

What is the make and model of the new NIC?

I'm not sure what your error was when you did an ipconfig. Can you please type it all in?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:08 PM

IN addition to what Cave Dweller requested make sure you disable the onboard lan adapter in the BIOS.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:09 AM

Modem Model: DSL-520B ADSL2+ Modem Router (D-Link)
LAN Adapter: DGE-530T (D-Link)

I do ipconfig after I have done basic configuration. This is the error that shown:
Posted Image

I have disable the onboard LAN, but the problem still remain. 1 more question, do I need to assign the port1 address in BIOS too? (IRQ3, IRQ4....)
Can you please attach the setting for my modem? becus I not sure wad to check in the setting.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 Learner87

Learner87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

Problem solved. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#6 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 1,709 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

lol ok. What fixed it?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users