Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Did Safari Appear on my Desktop?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hunnybunny

hunnybunny

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

I left my ipod shuffle to recharge last night. This morning I noticed the icon "Safari" was on my desktop.

WTH? What is this? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

i believe safari is offered through Apple Software updates. when you update iTunes, there may be updates for Quicktime and Safari even if they are not installed on the computer. You must uncheck them if you do not want them. sort of feels like they are being shoved down our throat, but to be fair, Safari has come a long way and does offer some interesting features.

#3 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

i believe safari is offered through Apple Software updates. when you update iTunes, there may be updates for Quicktime and Safari even if they are not installed on the computer. You must uncheck them if you do not want them. sort of feels like they are being shoved down our throat, but to be fair, Safari has come a long way and does offer some interesting features.

Thanks for your response -- I thought it quite presumptuous to install it w/o my confirmation, however, at least I now understand what it is.

#4 valianthunter

valianthunter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

I just found Safari on my computer and it was corrupted. When I googled it it said that Safari is a browser like Mozilla and Exlorer. I took it off of my computer but now I can't find my playlist.

#5 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

I just found Safari on my computer and it was corrupted. When I googled it it said that Safari is a browser like Mozilla and Exlorer. I took it off of my computer but now I can't find my playlist.

You might want to move your post to another one of the forums here to address your specific problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users