Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ad.reduxmedia.com

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spinner12345

spinner12345

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hello,
was downloading a file off of the internet and was hit by some sort of virus. I think the virus is ad.reduxmedia.com. Im not the best with computers and didn't understand what a hijack this log was so i didn't post one. Im not sure if this will help, but here is a description of what is happening: I open internet explorer and my homepage (yahoo) and a website named ad.reduxmedia.com show up in my history. Then, while browsing the internet, if i look at my history i find that several websites are in my history that no one in my family has visited. Even if i just leave my computer sitting at the yahoo home page, my history will slowly fill. I am almost positive that this is the virus. I hope someone out there can help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 53,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

Please describe the issues you are experiencing with your computer.
regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

banner.png

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users