Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows OS ComboFix compatibility

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 willi007

willi007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

I have a question about ComboFix. I have used it successfully on Windows XP and Vista with great success. It is a wonderful program and I have full confidence in it and it's developers. Recently I heard that it was only compatible with Windows 2000 and XP and should not be used on Vista or Windows 7. Is this true and if so where do I find that information. If it is not true is there a place on Bleepingcomputer.com that gives the OS requirements?

Thank you so much for any information you can supply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 28,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

See: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Your question is answered in Bullet Item #4. But please take the time to read all the information provided, Thank you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

raybcuserbar.jpg

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users