Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows OS ComboFix compatibility

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 willi007

willi007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

I have a question about ComboFix. I have used it successfully on Windows XP and Vista with great success. It is a wonderful program and I have full confidence in it and it's developers. Recently I heard that it was only compatible with Windows 2000 and XP and should not be used on Vista or Windows 7. Is this true and if so where do I find that information. If it is not true is there a place on Bleepingcomputer.com that gives the OS requirements?

Thank you so much for any information you can supply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

See: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Your question is answered in Bullet Item #4. But please take the time to read all the information provided, Thank you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users