Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.Heur.*****@***

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mrh2opro

mrh2opro

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

I have been trying to be very cognizant and disciplined at maintaining my security "stuff" since I got hacked back in October. I run PC Shield (aka BitDefender) as my resident, full antivirus package. Every few days, I run MalwareBytes. Every week I run Cureit.

Yesterday, PC Shield supposedly caught and blocked a Trojan - Gen:Trojan.Heur..... I thought it handled it appropriately, but when I got up this morning, the scheduled scan had picked up over 1800 files that were infected with this Gen:Trojan.Heur (with additional extensions of odd characters after .Heur.". I went through all files and quarantined or deleted using PC Shield. Ran it again and is came up with no issues. I then tried to run Dr.Web Cureit in Safe Mode, but as happens frequently, it died and rebooted about 20 minutes into the scan. So, I ran Malwarebytes in normal mode and it showed no issues. Then, I ran SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode. It came up with 2 instances of Trojan.Agent/Gen-Dropper[Temp]. I had it quarantine both issues. Now PC Shield shows clean again.

Is there anyway I can be assured that I'm not still infected? If I ever find one of these guys that put this crap out there, I'll personally waterboard them!

Thanks.

Tom

Edited by mrh2opro, 06 January 2010 - 06:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mrh2opro

mrh2opro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

ps. I just ran ESET Online and it came up clean. I ran Malware and it came up clean. I ran Sophos Anti-Rootkit and it came up with a boatload of entries, but all were either unable to be removed or not advisable to remove. Do you think I'm trojan free now?

Edited by mrh2opro, 06 January 2010 - 05:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users