Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware.Trace

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheOrangeJuicer

TheOrangeJuicer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

I am working on a computer for an employee and he has some Malware and possibly some other things that I just can't get rid of. I have installed MalwareBytes, updated the latest version and ran it and removed whatever it found. I have run Microsoft Security Essentials several times and cleaned up whatever it finds as well. As of now, his computer seems to be fine, everything is working and doesn't seem to be bogged down like it was when I first got it. Malware bytes seems to clear up the Malware.Trace when I run it however when I restart the computer, the same 3 Malware.Trace items re appear. For example, I run malware bytes, it finds 3 Malware.Trace items. If I remove them and run a new scan before restarting the computer, it doesn't find any traces. Once I restart the computer, the 3 traces come back every time.

The items is finds are Malware.Trace. The location of all 3 are:

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\Ulrn
2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\uid
3) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\Update

These are the 3 malware.trace items it finds after I restart the computer. It doesn't seem to affect the computer anymore but it bothers me that the reg keys keep getting created after restarting. I have attached my HijackThis log, as well as my OTP Log.

Please let me know what else I need to attach.

Thanks for all the help.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 31,172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.

Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.
  • Please download OTL from following mirror:
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.

regards myrti

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

sig3.png

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 31,172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:12 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now Closed

If you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM.
Please include the address of this thread in your request.
This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please start a new topic.

With Regards,
myrti

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

sig3.png

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users