Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor keeps entering Power Saver Mode after Windows Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bt83yahi

bt83yahi

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:57 PM

Whenever I load my computer up, it enters into power saver mode as soon as the windows load screen finishes. I can get it into safe mode, and I have tried turning off the power saver option (control panel, power options, NEVER NEVER for both pulldown tabs on turning off monitor) but it still loads in safe mode. I've also reconnected both cables for the monitor (monitor side and vid card side). I have a 21" LG LCD flatscreen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As a side, my computer has been very loud on loads prior to this issue, I'm wondering if my vid card my have run its course. Just trying to get other options/opinions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• BC Advisor
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

What make is the PC? How old is it?

Suggest you try re-seating your RAM modules, the video card AND replacing your CMOS Battery.

Alternatively, you can also try booting up your PC after removing the CMOS battery. If it works (even otherwise), shutdown the PC and insert the battery back into the slot.

Let us know if it worked.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 bt83yahi

bt83yahi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

It is a bt83yahi make, i.e. a clone. I have had it for around 4 years I would say, give or take. Let me give all that a shot. Be right back. :-)

#4 bt83yahi

bt83yahi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

What a twist. For ishs and giggles, I plugged in an old CRT monitor I have, and it didn't drop into power saver mode.... Does that mean my 21" LG LCD monitor is a goner?

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• BC Advisor
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

Could you hook up the 21" LG monitor to another PC and see if it works?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users